The other guys might play games with your money, but at Salal we believe that a free checking account should be just that – FREE.
Our My Checking account has all the features you want and need, without the sneaky fees and complicated requirements. This means:
- No monthly services fees
- No minimum balance requirement
- No charge to use Online and Mobile Banking, our Mobile Banking app or Bill Pay
- No charge from Salal to use an ATM that isn't ours
- No charge for direct deposit
With five Puget Sound branch locations, our friendly and knowledgeable staff is local, easily reachable and ready to help. If you do most of your banking online or on the go, we provide convenient options for accessing and managing your accounts:
- 24/7 Online and Mobile Banking with free Bill Pay. Our Mobile Banking app (free!) allows you to make check deposits from your smart phone.
- Nearly 30,000 no-fee ATMs from coast-to-coast. Use any ATM within the CO-OP ATM Network and you'll avoid annoying surcharge fees. Most credit unions are part of this network, so an ATM is never very far away.
- Almost 5,000 credit union branches and 2,000 self-service locations within the CO-OP Shared Branch Network. This means you can do your Salal banking at other participating credit unions or at kiosks located in select 7-11 stores.
If you're looking for a free checking account that is actually free, with a financial institution that is refreshingly straightforward, give My Checking a try. We'll even sweeten the deal and give you $100 when you open an account by June 30, 2014.* Oh, and if you're unsure whether or not you can open an account at Salal, we're open to anyone who lives or works in Washington State. So, you're probably good to go.
To open an account, call us at 800-562-5515. Or, stop by one of our branches in Bellevue , Capitol Hill, Northgate, South Lake Union, or Tukwila.
*Offer good on new checking accounts opened 4/16/2014 through 6/30/2014. Limit one per household. To be eligible for $100, you cannot have had a Salal checking in prior 6 months, the checking account must be open and in good standing at least 90 days. You must make one direct deposit of over $250 or 45 debit card transactions within first 90 days. This special cash offer is subject to IRS reporting and will be reflected on your 1099. Not available on Pathway Checking. For Silver Horizons, the annual percentage yield as of April 1, 2014, is 0.05% for balances of $5,000 to $24,999, and 0.08% for balances of $25,000 and over. A minimum of $25 is required to open a Salal checking. Deposits will be made to eligible accounts within four months of opening. All Salal accounts are subject to approval.