Salal Emerald Checking saves you money. Emerald opens the door to savings on everyday purchases with significant discounts on dining, shopping, prescriptions, travel, and loans (for just $6 per month). Save money, time, and frustration with identity theft protection and incident resolution. Enjoy the security, convenience, and value of free online services. Save more and earn more.
- No minimum balance requirement
- Unlimited check writing
- $6 monthly service fee
- Discounts on dining, travel, hotels, rental cars, and merchandise like prescription drugs and eyewear
- Free checks, cashier's checks, and money orders
- $50 off closing costs on your next Salal mortgage loan*
- Free direct deposit
- Free Mobile Banking, Online Banking and Bill Pay, plus eStatements
- Free One Card—the Visa ATM/debit card
- Free Identity Watch: free copy of your credit report, credit file monitoring, up to $5,000 in fraud expense reimbursement
- 2,500 instant Salal Rewards points—enough to reduce the interest rate by 0.25% on many loans, or increase the dividend rate on most certificates by 0.25%.**
- Five Salal branches in Puget Sound and access to 28,000+ surcharge-free ATMs nationwide through the Co-Op Network
- Access to thousands of credit union branches across the USA through Shared Branching network
*All Salal loans are subject to credit approval.
**Salal Rewards points cannot be used to reduce the interest rates on first mortgages or lines of credit, including Online Access Home Equity Lines of Credit or Visa Access Home Equity Lines of Credit. Salal Rewards points cannot be used to increase the dividend rates on Youth or Choice certificates.
- CO-OP Network
Membership with Salal includes membership in the largest credit-union-only ATM network in the country. The CO-OP Network gives you surcharge-free access to 28,000 ATMs, including 9,000 ATMs that accept deposits and 5,500 7-Eleven locations throughout the U.S. and Canada.
To use the free ATM locator by cell phone, just text your location to MYCOOP (692667) and receive a text with directions within 30 seconds. This service is free to members, but standard text messaging rates from your telephone carrier may apply.