Silver Horizons Checking
Available only for our members aged 55 or better, Salal Silver Horizons checking has benefits that make managing finances easier and more profitable. Eligible members must be 55 or older and maintain a direct deposit of payroll, government or retirement income or maintain at least $2,500 in deposits at Salal.*
- Competitive dividends on balances of $5,000 or more
- Free, unlimited monthly checking
- Free checks, traveler's checks, cashier's checks, and money orders
- Free direct deposit
- Free Mobile Banking, Online Banking and Bill Pay, plus eStatements
- Free domestic wire transfers
- Free One Card—the Visa ATM/debit card
- No charge from Salal for withdrawals from non-Salal ATMs
- Five Salal branches in Puget Sound and access to 28,000+ surcharge-free ATMs nationwide through the Co-Op Network
- Access to thousands of credit union branches across the USA through Shared Branching network
See our current rates and disclosure information.
- Available only to members 55 years old or better
- Must maintain direct deposit of payroll, government, or retirement income into Salal account OR must maintain at least $2,500 in a Salal savings, money market, IRA or certificate account*
- To earn dividends, must maintain minimum balance of $5,000
*Members who do not maintain direct deposit or the $2,500 minimum will be switched to a My Checking account.
- CO-OP Network
Membership with Salal includes membership in the largest credit-union-only ATM network in the country. The CO-OP Network gives you surcharge-free access to 28,000 ATMs, including 9,000 ATMs that accept deposits and 5,500 7-Eleven locations throughout the U.S. and Canada.
To use the free ATM locator by cell phone, just text your location to MYCOOP (692667) and receive a text with directions within 30 seconds. This service is free to members, but standard text messaging rates from your telephone carrier may apply.
|Salal Silver Horizons||$5,000 - $24,999||0.05%||0.05%|
|Salal Silver Horizons||$25,000 +||0.08%||0.08%|
*APY = Annual Percentage Yield