As a Salal member, you have you have access to 40,000+ surcharge-free ATMs from coast to coast through the CO-OP and CUHere ATM Networks. That’s more ATM locations than Chase, Bank of America, or Wells Fargo.1
Just look for the CO-OP or CUHere Network logo on participating credit union ATMs and in most 7-Eleven stores.2
Important note: Not all credit unions in the CO-OP Shared Branching network participate in the CO-OP ATM network, and vice versa. To avoid the surcharge fee, make sure the ATM has the CO-OP or CUHere Network logo, even if it’s in a shared branch location.
What does “surcharge-free” mean?
“Surcharge-free” means you won’t be charged to use the ATM, either by Salal (we never charge our members for using ATMs we don’t own) or the owner of the ATM.
|Find a Surcharge-Free ATM|
CO-OP Shared Branching Network
What is shared branching?
CO-OP Shared Branching is a network of almost 1,900 credit unions nationwide. As a Salal member, you have access to nearly 5,800 shared branches across the U.S.
Visit a CO-OP Shared Branching location to make many of the same transactions you can make at a Salal branch, including:
- Deposits — Funds deposited to your account may not be available immediately. This depends on your “home” credit union’s hold policy. Please check with them before making your first shared branching deposit, as the shared branch you visit will not be able to lift any holds.
- Withdrawals — There are limitations to the amount of cash members may withdraw daily.
- Money transfers between accounts.
- Loan payments and advances.
What you should know before you visit a shared branch as a guest member.
When you visit a participating shared branch, you’ll be asked to present current, valid federal- or state-issued identification.
You’ll also be asked to provide your member or account number as it appears on your statement for all transactions. Additional verification may be necessary to complete transactions in some instances. CO-OP requires this extra precaution to further enhance account security.
Certain fees and restrictions may apply to services and transactions. These fees are set by your home credit union, the credit union you visit as a guest, and the CO-OP network.
CO-OP fees are as follows:
|Check Withdrawals||$5.00 each|
|Fax Request3||$3.00 first page|
- $1.00 each additional page.
|Money Orders3||$3.00 each|
|Travelers Checks3||1% of face value|
- 1.5% of face value for dual signatures.
|Indemnification Agreement||$25.00 each|
- $0.20 each for 16 or more checks per deposit.
|Rolled coin, purchased or deposit3||$0.25 per roll|
- Coin machines may charge a percentage of amount.
|Notary3||Posted fee as allowed by state law.|
|Research of Items||Determined by your "home" credit union.|
|Visa and/or Mastercard Cash Advance3||May include card issuer fee.|
|3 If available.|
|Find a Shared Branch Near You|