Salal is pleased to announce we are using FICO® Falcon® Fraud Manager to identify suspicious credit, debit, and ATM card transactions and notify members of potential fraud.
The Falcon® notification process delivers the earliest possible warning of fraudulent activity and allows you to take action right away from your phone, computer, or another mobile device.
How the Fraud Alerts Work
At the first sign of fraudulent card activity, a Fraud Analyst will block your card and send you an email from CardServices@SalalCU.org. The subject line will be: “Information on your Salal CU Card.” This email will list one or more suspicious transactions and will ask you to verify whether you or another authorized user made the transactions. You can respond immediately by clicking on the appropriate link within the email:
- Authorize the transactions and continue to use your card as usual.
- Confirm that one or more transaction was unauthorized, and a Fraud Analyst will call to assist you. Calls are made between the hours of 8:00 a.m and 9:00 p.m., your local time.
In as little as one minute after you receive the notification email, you will receive a text alert. It will ask you to confirm or deny the same suspicious transactions listed in the email. Again, if you authorize the transactions, you can continue to use your card. Otherwise, a Fraud Analyst will be in touch shortly. A few things to note:
- You do not need to reply by both email and text. You only need to respond one time, using the method of your choice.
- We will not charge you for these texts.
- You may opt out of receiving these texts at any time by responding STOP.
- If you do not receive a text alert, we likely do not have a phone number on file for you that supports text messages. Please call our Virtual Branch at 800.562.5515 or 206.298.9394 for assistance.
AUTOMATED VOICE CALL
If you don’t respond to the email or text notification within approximately 5 minutes, you will receive an automated voice call. During this call, you can use your keypad to confirm or deny suspicious transactions. You can also choose an option to speak to a Fraud Analyst directly (between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m.). If you’re unable to answer your phone, you will receive a voicemail with further instructions.
If you prefer to speak with a Salal Credit Union representative, rather than taking the actions described above, you can call our Virtual Branch during our business hours at 800.562.5515 or 206.298.9394. We can notify Falcon® on your behalf, but this process will not be as immediate.