Help us spread the word and get rewarded
Do you love banking with Salal? How about putting in a good word for us? When your friend or family member opens a Salal checking account, both of you can receive a $25 cash reward.
Bring a friend aboard so they can enjoy:
• My Free Checking account with no monthly service charge1. Click here for additional checking solutions.
• Access to 40,000+ fee-free ATMs and 5,800 Shared Branches nationwide.
• No fees from Salal to use ATMs outside our network.
• FREE Online Banking, Bill Pay, and eStatements.
• FREE Mobile Banking app with Mobile Check Deposit.
• FREE Mobile Wallets — use your debit card to make mobile payments with Apple Pay®, Samsung Pay, and Google Pay™.
• FREE financial counseling, money management tools, and financial education.
• $25 cash reward in their checking account. See below for program details.
How to receive your $25 cash reward
- Download this form and completely fill out the Existing Member (Referrer) section so we can reward you for your referral.
- When a friend or family member is planning to become a Salal member by opening a new consumer checking account, give them this form to bring with them to any Salal branch. (Note: the program is not available for online applications.)
- If your friend’s new account meets Salal’s eligibility requirements (see details below), you will both receive a $25 deposit into your respective accounts upon successfully completing the requirements of the program offer.
Refer-a-Friend Program Details
By participating in the Salal Credit Union Refer-a-Friend Program (Program), the Referrer (existing member) and Referee (new member) agree that Salal Credit Union (We, Our) may report to the IRS the value of the reward, and any applicable taxes are the responsibility of each recipient. By participating in this Program and in order to receive the reward, the Referrer and Referee acknowledge that their status as a member in good standing with Salal Credit Union may be disclosed to the other party.
The $25 reward will be credited to the Referrer’s and Referee’s respective account immediately upon successfully completing the requirements of the Program offer.
To qualify for the reward:
• At the time the reward is credited, the Referrer must be a member in good standing, as explained within the Salal Credit Union Membership & Account Agreement, and be a sole or joint owner of a qualified consumer checking, savings, or money market account.*
• The Referee must open a qualified consumer Salal checking account with a minimum deposit of $25, cannot be a current Salal member or have been a Salal member during the prior 6 months. The Referee must meet the requirements and qualifications for membership for a new Salal consumer checking account.
*The following account types are not eligible to receive a Refer-a-Friend Program credit:
• Club, Estate, Guardianship, Minor Individual, Uniform Transfers to Minors Account, Trust, IOLTA and Individual Attorney Trust, Representative Payee, Partner Mortgage Program, or any Business Account.
At the time of reward issuance, We will apply credit to the oldest active individually-owned consumer membership, or the oldest active jointly-owned consumer membership in case no individually-owned consumer membership exists or is currently active. After the membership is selected the credit will be applied to the oldest active account, with priority given to the following account type sequence: checking, then savings, then money market.
We reserve the right to determine in Our sole discretion the eligibility of Referrers and Referees for Program participation. We reserve the right to disqualify referrals in circumstances where we believe they were not sent to us in good faith. We further reserve the right to alter the Program terms or discontinue the Program at any time without providing prior notification. Salal Credit Union employees and members of the Salal Board of Directors are not eligible for the referral Program.