What You’ll Learn
- How you and a friend or family member can both get a $25 cash reward when they open a Salal checking account through our Refer a Friend program.
- Discover the many benefits your friend or family member can enjoy when they become a Salal member.
Help us spread the word and get rewarded! Do you love banking with Salal? How about putting in a good word for us? When your friend or family member opens a Salal checking account, you both can receive a $25 cash reward.
How to Receive Your $25 Cash Reward
- When a friend or family member plans to become a Salal member by opening a new consumer checking account, tell them to stop by any Salal branch or call 800.562.5515 and make sure to mention who referred them. (Note: the program is not available for online applications.)
- If your friend’s new account meets Salal’s eligibility requirements (see details below), you both will receive a $25 deposit into your respective accounts upon completing the program offer’s requirements.
Refer a Friend Program Details
By participating in the Salal Credit Union Refer a Friend Program (Program), the Referrer (existing member) and Referee (new member) agree that Salal Credit Union (We, Our) may report to the IRS the value of the reward, and any applicable taxes are the responsibility of each recipient. By participating in this Program and in order to receive the reward, the Referrer and Referee acknowledge that their status as a member in good standing with Salal Credit Union may be disclosed to the other party.
The $25 reward will be credited to the Referrer’s and Referee’s respective account immediately upon successfully completing the requirements of the Program offer.
To qualify for the reward:
- At the time the reward is credited, the Referrer must be a member in good standing, as explained within the Salal Credit Union Membership & Account Agreement, and be a sole or joint owner of a qualified consumer checking, savings, or money market account.*
- The Referee must open a qualified consumer Salal checking account with a minimum deposit of $25, cannot be a current Salal member or have been a Salal member during the prior 6 months. The Referee must meet the requirements and qualifications for membership for a new Salal consumer checking account.
*The following account types are not eligible to receive a Refer a Friend Program credit:
- Club, Estate, Guardianship, Minor Individual, Uniform Transfers to Minors Account, Trust, IOLTA and Individual Attorney Trust, Representative Payee, Partner Mortgage Program, or any Business Account.
At the time of reward issuance, We will apply credit to the oldest active individually-owned consumer membership, or the oldest active jointly-owned consumer membership in case no individually-owned consumer membership exists or is currently active. After the membership is selected the credit will be applied to the oldest active account, with priority given to the following account type sequence: checking, then savings, then money market.
We reserve the right to determine in Our sole discretion the eligibility of Referrers and Referees for Program participation. We reserve the right to disqualify referrals in circumstances where we believe they were not sent to us in good faith. We further reserve the right to alter the Program terms or discontinue the Program at any time without providing prior notification. Salal Credit Union employees and members of the Salal Board of Directors are not eligible for the referral Program.