As a Salal member, you entrust us with your personal information, and we don’t take this lightly. Our Privacy Notice and Website Security Statement outline how we collect, protect, use, and share this information.
Salal Website Security Policy
The following Website Security Policy applies to www.SalalCU.org and governs data collection and usage.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we request or you provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
SALAL CREDIT UNION may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. This policy is effective from January 1, 2018.
Information that may be automatically collected by Salal
Information about your computer hardware and software may be automatically collected by Salal, including IP address, browser type, domain names, access times, and referring website addresses. This information is used for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Salal website.
- We will not use this information to identify individuals.
- We will not obtain personally-identifying information about you when you visit our site, unless you choose to provide such information (such as using online banking or applying for an account).
We encourage you to review the privacy statements of websites you choose to link to from SalalCU.org so that you can understand how those websites collect, use and share your information. Salal is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on websites outside of the Salal website.
Collection of Personal Information
We may at times request and you may choose to provide the following personal information:
- name and job title
- street address
- contact information including email address and phone number
- demographic information such as postal code, age, gender and preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- any other information you provide
In order to use certain services of our website, such as online banking, you must first enroll. During enrollment, you are required to provide personal information to access the service. This information will not be shared.
This Website and Security Statement applies to our procedures for handling members’ personal information in the United States who are 13 years of age and older. We do not intentionally or knowingly collect information from children under 13 years old. If we learn that we have collected or received personal data from a child under the age of 13, we will promptly delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please let us know. To do so, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of this page.
Use of your Personal Information
If you choose to identify yourself (or otherwise provide us with personal information) when you use our online forms, we will collect (and may retain) any personally identifying information, such as your name, street address, email address, and phone number, and any other information you provide.
We may share data with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to Salal, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
We may also use this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting, using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail.
- We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
- We may provide your information to our trusted partners for marketing or promotional purposes.
We will never sell your information.
We will not facilitate the merging of personally-identifiable information with non-personally identifiable information previously collected from Display Advertising features that are based on the DoubleClick cookie unless we have robust notice of, and the user’s prior affirmative (i.e., opt-in) consent to, that merger.
Security of your Personal Information
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Our website and Online Banking are protected through the use of Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates and encryption, allowing sensitive information to transmit safely and securely. Visitors to SalalCU.org can ensure even greater protection by keeping their web browsers and anti-virus protection up to date.
We use a tool called “Google Analytics” to collect information about use of this site. Google Analytics collects information such as how often users visit this site, what pages they visit when they do so, and what other sites they used prior to coming to this site. We use the information we get from Google Analytics only to improve this site. Google Analytics collects only the IP address assigned to you on the date you visit this site, rather than your name or other identifying information. We do not combine the information collected through the use of Google Analytics with personally identifiable information.
Display Advertising and Interest-Based Advertising Disclosure
SALAL CREDIT UNION implements the following Google Analytics features based on Display Advertising:
Remarketing, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. We utilize these services to serve more relevant ad experiences across the web based on previous visits to our website.
- We may use Remarketing with Google Analytics to advertise online. Which means third-party vendors, including Google, may show our ads on sites across the Internet.
- SALAL CREDIT UNION and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the AdWords & DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on someone’s past visits to our website.
- SALAL CREDIT UNION and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to report how our ad impressions, other uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to our site.
- We use data from Google’s Interest-based advertising or 3rd-party audience data (such as age, gender, and interests) with Google Analytics to serve more relevant ad experiences across the web – based on previous visits to our website.
- Using the Ads Settings, visitors can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads.
Facebook Remarketing and Custom Audiences
- You can opt-out of the collection and use of information for ad targeting. To do so, go to http://www.aboutads.info/choices and set your data collection and ad preferences.
The Salal website may use “cookies” to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Salal sites you visit.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- stating your desired restriction of our use of your personal information within the comments section of the form you are submitting. Please do not include any personal information such as social security number or account numbers when submitting the form.
We will not sell or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or contact us as soon as possible, at the address below. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
PO Box 75029
Seattle, WA 98175-0029