What You’ll Learn
- Where to find surcharge-free CUHere and CO-OP ATMs and shared branch locations across the U.S.
- What transactions you are able to take care of at a CO-OP Shared Branch Network location.
- What fees to expect when banking at a shared branch location.
As a Salal member, you can access 40,000+ surcharge-free ATMs from coast to coast through the CO-OP and CUHere ATM Networks. That’s more ATM locations than Chase, Bank of America, or Wells Fargo.¹
Look for the CO-OP or CUHere Network logo on participating credit union ATMs and most 7-Eleven stores.²
Important note: Not all credit unions in the CO-OP Shared Branch network participate in the CO-OP ATM network, and vice versa. To avoid the surcharge fee, ensure the ATM has the CO-OP or CUHere Network logo, even in a shared branch location.
What Does “Surcharge-Free” Mean?
“Surcharge-free” means you won’t be charged to use the ATM, either by Salal (we never charge our members for using ATMs we don’t own) or the owner of the ATM.
Find a Surcharge-Free ATM
What Is a Shared Branch?
CO-OP Shared Branch Network is a network of almost 1,900 credit unions nationwide. As a Salal member, you can access nearly 5,800 shared branches across the U.S.
Visit a CO-OP Shared Branch location to make many of the same transactions you can make at a Salal branch, including:
- Deposits: funds deposited to your account may take time before they’re available. The time this takes depends on your “home” credit union’s hold policy. Please check with them before making your first shared branch deposit, as the shared branch you visit will not be able to lift any holds.
- Withdrawals: there are limitations to the amount of cash members may withdraw daily.
- Money transfers between accounts.
- Loan payments and advances.
What You Should Know Before You Visit a Shared Branch as a Guest Member
Be ready to present current, valid federal- or state-issued identification. Also be ready to provide your member or account number as it appears on your statement for all transactions. Additional verification may be necessary to complete transactions in some instances. CO-OP requires this extra precaution to enhance account security further.
Specific fees and restrictions may apply to services and transactions. Your home credit union, the credit union you visit as a guest, and the CO-OP network set these fees.
CO-OP Fees (if service is available):
|$3.00 first page
|1% of face value
|Rolled coin, purchased or deposit
|$0.25 per roll
|Posted fee as allowed by state law.
|Research of Items
|Determined by your “home” credit union.
|Visa and/or Mastercard Cash Advance2
|May include card issuer fee.